Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bathchair has arrived!

As excited as I was to get this bath chair I had no clue having it would make me feel this way.... Sophie no longer fits in her infant tub so I asked the therapist what everyone uses and she ordered us a bathchair through the early steps program. I know how this is going to make my life easier and Sophie's life happier as she can now take baths in the big tub like her brother. I see it and I think to myself if this is permanent, if we really need it yet. Am I in denial? I tried it for the first time snd she HATED it!!!! She cried the whole time she was on it. Her spastic muscles got the best of her and she was stiff even on her trunk where she is usually low tone. I am afraid to try it again.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren-
    We used a bath chair with Hummingbird when she was younger. I would encourage you to keep using it. Hummingbird's seat allowed us to buckle her in, but let her have water around the lower part of her body. Maybe you could play some soft music during bathtime? Maybe she'll get used to it after repeated exposure? I know how that is when they seem to hate it & you want to be finished with it so as not to prolong it, but you have to complete the bath, too. It can be frustrating. Does she normally like bath time? Hummingbird loves water...so we found ways to make it work. She no longer needs the seat, though. I'll be praying that Sophie adjusts to the seat & that it's a helpful tool during bath time. Hugs to you, buddy!

    ReplyDelete