Friday, March 8, 2013

Dolphins, Florida, and Cerebral Palsy

Turns out that I have a "BEHIND THE SCENES CREW" (that is what I will call my support team cause it just sounds so cool). These are a group of people that is composed of friends and family that really care about us and Sophie's well being. Well one of my cousins sent me a Facebook message yesterday telling me about a place in the Florida Keys that does Therapy for kids with special needs with Dolphins. Very cool, right? I called them today to get some more information because my cousin also said that they have scholarships available. Here is scoop: they recommend that the child is at least 3 yrs old to start. Their programs are family oriented which means that siblings are encouraged to participate and it is free for them. Their programs have much success with helping the child with verbal and motor skills. They have a 5 day program with a cost of $2200. Parent are present with the child in therapy at all times. I hope to bring Sophie to experience this program when she us 3. Here is their website in case you want to get more info, by the way I am NOT paid for anything I mention on my blog. This is free advertising based on my very own research :) http://www.islanddolphincare.org/ Phone number: (305) 451-5884

2 comments:

  1. Lauren-

    Thanks so much for sharing. That's exciting to hear about this program. I e-mailed them & am very interested. Hummingbird is supposed to start equine therapy soon. I'm so glad that our paths crossed. It was meant to be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want Sophie to do hippotherapy too and want to learn more about it, please let me know how it works. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete