Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Love You To Eternity- A Tribute To A Sibling on Siblings Day

Today, April 10th, is Siblings Day- This is a little poem that I wrote for my son, on this special day. I Love You to Eternity, by Lauren Smith- I love you to eternity my first born, my first boy, my eternal love... Your heart is full of joy eventhough you have been through so much. You loved your sisters from the moment they were tiny as seeds, and step by step you saw them grow. You talked to them, encouraged them every day, to grow, grow, and grow because you wanted to teach them everything there is to know. Finally, the day arrived, and you saw your sisters for the very first time. You were very happy that they were finally here, and then something happened, one of them disappeared. Although you didn't quite understand why she was taken from you, deep inside you knew that she would forever be with you. I told you she had to go in a magical bus, headed to heaven, and she couldn't come back. Your love for the one that stayed grew stronger, and you couldn't wait for the day, when you two could play. You began to notice other babies were running, and you asked me why your sister was not yet walking. You said maybe some Stride Rite shoes would help her walk after wearing them for 11 days? I said: "Baby, its not the shoes, although those shoes might help other kids, your sister, my love, has special needs". Every doctor appointment, every therapy, and every step of the way you cheer your sister, you always say hurray! You have become an amazing 5 year old, the bravest boy that I will ever know. One day when you read little this poem I wrote for you, don't forget you are Sophie's hero and you are my hero too!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lauren. So thoughtful & heartfelt. You are a wonderful mother. I had to giggle about the stride rite shoes...kids say the darnest things. Hugs to you, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got major goosebumps reading that poem! Thank you so much for sharing that and for raising such wonderful kids.

    And thanks for participating in my Special Needs Siblings Week!

    ReplyDelete